Monday, February 22, 2010

REMEMBRANCE 66: LAST OF THE MOHICANS

Fadzilah (skull cap with red T shirt)

Che Gu Aziz Khamis (far right) and Tuan Haji Razak (second from right)

Far right: Mansor Osman, the Deputy Chief Minister of Penang.

On Tuesday, 2.2.2010 I was informed about the demise of my late father’s colleague, Haji Zainol. Haji Zainol was the last of the Mohicans when all Lid’s colleague has passed away before him. One of Haji Zainol’s sons in law is Mansor Osman, the Deputy Chief Minister of Penang. Before furthering his post graduate education in University Science Malaysia (USM), Mansor Osman has served as a clerk at the Land Office of Kubang Pasu.

Mansor Osman’s in laws especially Din K used to tell me that Mansor Osman has still vivid memories of the staffs of Land Office in Kubang Pasu. When I approached Mansor Osman at Pak Haji Zainol’s last rites at the Mustakim Mosque, I was taken by surprised that he failed to recognize me at all. So all this while, his in law Din K has taken us for a ride.

Nevertheless I was very happy that I have the opportunity to meet my senior retirees such as Che Gu Aziz Khamis and Tuan Haji Razak who were blessed by Allah with longevity ..

No comments:

Post a Comment