Friday, October 28, 2011

REMEMBRANCE 96 : WONDERS OF SUNGAI PIAL, YAN



The famous Gulai Semilang from Sungai Pial




Mr. Saad, the Yan District Office driver, hand delivered to my house the delicacy of gulai semilang Sungai Pial on the kind auspices of Mr. Zahari Ismail, the District Officer of Yan. Mr. Zahari not only presented me the semilang curry but also together with the clay pot container for our keeping. As Zam was overwhelmed with the goodies, she has also used the clay pot as her medicinal storage.

As I was not abled to attend Yan Disrict Office Raya Gathering on 25 September 2011, Mr. Zahari promised to send the famous Sungai Pial semilang curry to my house. I did not take it seriously as I thought just wanted to console me for my failure to attend the gathering. To my surprise, on Sunday, 16 October 2011 the semilang curry together with the clay pot was hand delivered to me. I was indeed indebted to Mr. Zahari for remembering me, his former boss in the Kedah Economic Planning Unit in the late eighties. The delivery really reminisced me our well glued team at the SEPU.

1 comment:

  1. Sedapnya. Gulai semilang ni memang sangat famous. kalau keluar kawasan kat yan, mesti pi mkn gulai nih.

    ReplyDelete