Tuesday, February 4, 2014

REMEMBRANCE 113: COMEDY OF ERRORS

Feeling guilty that I could not attend the late Bang Mud's final funeral religious rites on Friday, 31st. January 2014 and also the tahlil recitals for the next two nights, I decided to pay a courtesy visit to his children at Taman Uda on Sunday morning, 2nd. February 2014.  Based on the number of Bang Mud's descendants, I thought of bringing 2 dozens Mee Abu's roti canai together with roti lenggang to Bang Mud's house.  However we could only propose but finally Allah SWT would dispose.

On the early morning of 2nd. February 2014 , I experienced a bout of asthmatic attack and I have to abandon my supposed to be holistic duty to Bang Mud's children.  After my asthmatic condition has improved for the better, at 10.00 am on the same day I decided to visit Zu's house at Malau, Jitra to deliver Tok Su Esah monthly allowance (combination of the Social Welfare Department monthly  allowance together with my monthly contribution).  Together with Zam and Ezman's at the wheel, we  delivered the allowance to Zu.  With my asthmatic condition was still troubling my breathing capability, I told Zam that we have to abandon our initial intention of attending Nalin's sister in law's wedding feast at Kampung Gelam, Tajar.  Instead I decided to visit my sister, Norin in Kampung Hutan Setali.

Arriving at Norin's house, I was very grateful for the Blessings Allah SWT in  granting my noble wish of meeting Bang Mud's children when I saw three of Bang Mud's children's cars were there.  Since Bang Mud's children were outside the house, I offered my sincere opology for my absence during their father's funeral rites. I then went on to narrate about their father's good deeds and also his peculiar behaviour. 

One of Bang Mud's special ability was that he was marvelous in remembering and narrating  about our family genealogical links. He could narrate our family lineage perfectly up to our the last four generations.  However  when I began to write it down, he would then stop his narration abruptly. I told him that if he continued to adopt his style of negative attitude, then it would deprive our young generations of valuable information about their genealogical lineage.  These valuable information would then be buried together with him in his grave but Bang Mud was still adamant with his decision.  

Bang Mud would always carry in his wallet, a passport size copy of our maternal grand father, the late Syed Hassan bin Syed Ahmad (Tok Wan).   When I asked for his permission to photo copy the photograph, he would then put the photograph back in his wallet as if as it was a bank safe deposit box.  Luck was on my side when I enquired from Akmal whether the photograph was still there in Bang Mud's wallet.  Smilingly  Akmal handed me Tok Wan's photograph (attached below) and I promised her that I would return the photograph to her together with four copies of 8 x 8 size photographs of Tok Wan.    

After Bang Mud's children departure, immediately I went into the kitchen of Norin's house. Norin asked me about the condition of my uncle, Syed Ibrahim (Ami In), Bang Mud's father. I was surprised with her question and asked her what happen to Ami In.  Then she realised that I was not aware of Bang Mud's younger brother in law, Syed Hussein  has passed away at 1.00 am that very morning.  With my asthmatic bout that morning , I failed to read Norin's SMS informing me about Syed Hussein's death,  What a comedy of errors for my bad habit in not reading my incoming SMS frequently on time. Although it was a comedy of errors on my part, yet I was very grateful to Allah SWT for giving the golden opportunity to redeem my folly to Bang Mud's family during their grieving period.

 Let us pray for the blessings of Allah SWT to place the late Bang Mud and Syed Hussein among
 the Faithfuls. Insya Allah.







No comments:

Post a Comment