Tuesday, September 15, 2009

REMEMBRANCE 38: 10 MINUTES OF SORROW AND JOY

The IC that has gone astray

Raya goodies from the Mr. Satique, the CEO of Bina Darul Aman


Mr. Radzuan bin Sareh Yahaya from the Kedah Registrar of Soceities Department



Mr. Hamzah bin Shaari from the Kedah Registrar of Soceities Department


On Wednesday, 16.09.2009, after enjoying my afternoon siesta with Vaidehi at 3.00 p.m., I opened my wallet looking for my ATM card in preparation for my intended buying spree of Raya goodies. Then I realized that my identification card and pension card has gone missing. I did not have an inkling when my IC and pension card has gone AWOL.

I was not very worried about the IC since I have other identification documents that could prove my real me. I was more worried about the pension card that could provide evidence that I am a pensioner if ever I would be warded at the government hospital. Spontaneously I asked Zam to contact her sister Nami who has suffered the same fate a few months ago. Nami told Zam that I need only to phone the Pension’s Department informing about my missing pension card and the Department would send a new replacement within one week.

I was very relieved when I heard the encouraging news from Nami and I started looking for the contact number of the Pension Department. I decided that I would file a police report on my missing IC the next day. At the same instance, I saw a car and two men at my house gate. Immediately I went out to greet the two strangers. From the official car insignia, I believed were from the Kedah Registrar of Societies. My first thought was that they were going to deliver the department’s summon to me since I was involved in a lot of societies during my hey days.

I was taken by surprise when they told me that they were returning back my IC and pension card which they has found in the vicinity of the PKNK Bank Muamalat. I was very overwhelmed with gratitude with their good deeds and I invited them into my house. They introduced themselves as Hamzah bin Shaari and Radzuan bin Sareh Yahaya from the Kedah Registrar of Societies Department.

In showing my heartfelt gratitude to them I asked Zam to give them whatever Raya goodies that we have in the house. So Zam sadly departed with her cherish traditional kuih bakar that we have bought from Jitra. I bade them farewell with the traditional Hari Raya greetings with the icing of a thousand thanks. To our surprise, after they have gone a few meters away, another car from the Syarikat Bina Darul Aman stopped at our gate and presented us with a Raya hamper auspices of the CEO, Mr Satique.

With the grace of Allah, Zam got back her Raya goodies while I got back my IC and pension card within a time frame of 10 minutes. We were very grateful for the blessing of Allah which has elevated my sorrow to happiness within a 10 minutes duration. Such was the greatness of Allah. and we should always be grateful for the blessings. Alhamdullillah.


1 comment:

  1. sesuatu yg diberi secara ikhlas tuhan akan membalas dgn yg lebih baik. amin

    ReplyDelete