Sunday, September 20, 2009

REMEMBRANCE 39: BLEAK RAYA FOR TOK SU









Although Tok Su is very fragile but she managed to maintain her natural born character of keeping her surrounding spicks and span.


Nothing on the table except the cookies and FN Syrup that we brought along


Enquiring from Tok Su on what cookies she would like to have


Opening the kuih baulu wrapper for Tok Su



Tok Su consuming 4 pieces of baulu and at a go and I think those were her first food for the day



After her baulu lunch, she started telling stories about her late mother, Tok Tuan Tuan Yah who was very good at preparing traditional cakes


At 5.00 pm bidding farewell to Tok Su after spending more than an hour with Tok Su


Leaving ToK Su alone for the night as all her neighbours (who are all relatives)has gone for the raya outings.

On Sunday, 20.09.2009 at 1.20 pm, on Hari Raya day I received a call from Chin asking me whether I would be going to see Tok Su or not . Immediately I sensed something was wrong with Tok Su. I regretted very much that I did not have the time and the also my physical health that allow me to visit Tok Su on the pre Raya Raya day. As the understanding between us, I did hope that Kak Yeh should have gone to have a look at Tok Su. Logistically I could not bring Tok Su to Norin's house for our pre Raya gathering.
At 3.00 pm, I seeked the assistance of Shiwar to drive me to Kelubi hoping to see Tok Su's condition. When I arrived at Kelubi, I was very happy to see Tok Su was physically well as she was walking from Chak Intan's house. When I went met Tok Su than I realised that Tok Su was very frustrated since her efforts in waiting outside Chak Intan's house proved futile. Chak Intan and the rest of her family has gone for the Raya outings without even informing Tok Su. Apart from that, nobody has come to visit her on Aidilfitri day. I really symphatised with the grand lady who has no money to show but instead suffering from dementia. Naturally, her grand children would shun away from her as they would not try to avoid any responsibility as they themselves would not gain anything from their endeavours.















2 comments: