Monday, November 14, 2011

REMEMBRANCE 98: RELUCTANT TRAVELER

“Bang Zain, for your own good, your must overcome your predicament. You should not be cooped up in Alor Setar or otherwise you would go crazy. You should be enjoying your retired life by traveling around with your grand children assisting you. You should buy a traveling wheel chair which is very light and very convenient for air traveling. Even your grand children would be able to push you around,” That was what my cousin, Syed Izhar advised me when I paid a courtesy call at his house in Ampang late last year.

Ad’s wife Dr. Hajjah Aminah indicated to me on the type of traveling wheel chair that I should buy. With that spirited advise from them, really bought a traveling wheel chair from Poly Pharmacy in Alor Setar. Encouraged by the presence of the wheel chair, my daughter in law Marini straight away booked Air Asia special discount package to Ho Chin Minh City in early February 2011. The return flight fare to Ho Chin Minh City from Alor Setar in the month of October 2011 cost only RM 300.00 per person.

When the D day arrived, I was still very reluctant to go because my physical predicament would jeopardise the convenience of my fellow family group members comprising of;

  1. Omar Sanai Marzuki – Marini’s father.
  2. Wan Mansor Chee Baharom
  3. Noraini Salleh Khir – another OKU member.
  4. Syed Muhammad Ezwar – my son
  5. Marini Omar – daughter in law
  6. Zamzam Khirani Mohd. Salleh Khir
  7. Syed Mohd. Ezman – my son
  8. Muhammad Ayie . – Shiwar’s compatriot at PKNK

Due to the rapid fire insistent of my family members and also on Marini’s holistic pledge that she would take care about the traveling well being of myself and Noraini, I reluctantly agreed to join in the group. So on Monday morning, 17 October 2011, we departed for Ho Chin Minh City and arrived back at Alor Setar on Friday night, 21 October 2011.



True to her pledge, Marini really did a wonderful in ensuring our smooth traveling to Ho Chin Minh City and back. Bless you Marini for the excellence performance but I should be thinking twice for another group journey by Air Asia because of the inconsistency of availability of wheel chair at LCCT . The long walks really hurt both of my tired legs with gout and arthritis .






Noraini on my traveling wheel chair assisted by Shiwar
lowered down by a mobile ramp




Safely on the tarmac




Walking down to the arrival hall at LCCT on 17.10.2011



Waiting for the arrival of my wheel chair from Air Asia




Still waiting for the arrival of the wheel chair





Finally my wheel chair arrived





Noraini's obedient son Farly wheeling her mother




Marini wheeling me to the departure hall at LCCT





Ezman pushing the baggage cart to the departure hall at LCCT




It was indeed a leisure walking for us since Marini efficiently
performing our departure routine






Waiting with full gear ready for departure to
Ho Chin Minh City




Confidence with the presence of both wheel chairs, waiting anxiously
at the LCTT departure hall



Finally arrived safely at Ho Chin Minh City Airport




Noraini waving at the Vietnamese on the airport wheel chair




I was also wheeled down to the airport arrival hall





Our efficient Vietnamese tour guide, Erra Fazira with the white board
bearing my name waiting for our arrival at Ho Chin Minh City




The steep stairs waiting for us at the Hoang Hai Long 2 Hotel




Noraini assisted by her husband and myself assisted by my own
walking stick threading carefully down the stairs




When you are in a lion's den, behave like a lion.
When you are in Vietnam, behave like a Vietnamese,
That was what Omar Sanai and Mohd. Ayie did in Vietnam




Mohd. Ayie is now a different person,
He thought Vietnamese wears leather stocking shoes
for outings and that was why Ayie did in Vietnam





Arriving back at LCCT on Friday, 21 October 2011





Could not join in the faster walking pace of the others.




The long walk to the LCCT Arrival Hall











































































































1 comment:

  1. Oh sama kuli sama toke nampaknya. Kita guna sama perkhidmatan di Vietnam....Erra Fazira. Teringat lagi hebatnya dia gelak.

    ReplyDelete