Thursday, August 27, 2009

REMEMBRANCE 36: 63rd. BIRTHDAY

I am grateful for the blessing of Allah that I have managed to see the light of my 63rd. birthday on Friday, 28.08.2009. My 63rd. birthday was very interesting because I received my birthday wishes from Nana 9 days earlier on 16.08.2009 as follows:

Lid @ Tok Lid, Happy 63th birthday,

Majalah solusi hadiah diberi,
Buat santapan rohani setiap hari,
Daripada Nana sekeluarga
Moga Lid sihat sejahtera dan sentiasa diberkati Allah hendaknya.
If Lid baca awal sebelum 18 Ogos, kira ucapan awal, hadiah sahaja on time.

Jamil and Zah from Ipoh then joined the fray by sending their congratulatory wishes on 17.08.2009 as follows:

Merahnya bibir semerah saga,
Tersenyum sinis berteka teki,
Selamat ulang tahun ke -63,
Panjang umur murah rezeki

Boleh tumpang sama

Then I sent my gratitude to Jamil and Zah on 18.08.2009 as follows:

Rupanya Yob kejo juga blog saya,
Terima kasih banyak-banyak kerana
Yang kurik itu kendi,
Yang merah itu saga,
Yang baik itu budi,
Yang indah itu bahasa.

Merahnya bibir semerah saga,
Tersenyum sinis berteka teki,
Terima kasih tidak terhingga,
Bila sampai 63 nanti.

Sebenarnya Nana telah tersilap haribulan tarikh lahir saya pada 28 Ogos 2009 sedangkan Zam pula pada 18 September

Then Nana sent her apologies to me on 19.08.2009 as follows:

A thousand apologies.. banyak perkara mistik berlaku di Sepang, otak jadi tak focus. Lupa nak rujuk diari birthday so terconfuse dengan tarikh mak tapi bulan sahaja betul. Tak pa la no.. awai 9 hari, alang-alang orang lain pun awai. Nanti 28 Ogos kami wish lain pulak.


While acknowledging Nana’s apology, I did received my birthday presents earlier than 28.08.2009. Nana presented me with a set of Solusi magazines which I have never seen before. The contents of the magazine was very informative which are very valuable assets for my reference. I was very glad to see one of my bosses, Haji Ahmad Salim Omar, the former Deputy Director General of Federal Land and Mines Department is the writer on the Fitrah section.

Solusi magazine presented by Nana

Zam has given my birthday present on 30.06.2009 in the form of cash whereby I could increase my share in the KCS Cooperative Society. While Shiwar and Marini has presented me with a banner that contained the surah and selawat for the sunat terawih prayers on 16.08.2009. The banner was very valuable to me in leading the terawih prayer at home since it was difficult for me to perform the congregation at the mosque.
The banner with the surahs


Only Ezman has given his present on my actual birthday i.e. 28.08.2009 by treating us to a sumptuous break the fast from the Mahani Johari Restaurant at Bandar Darul Aman. All the presents by Zam and the children symbolized the their utmost caring attitudes toward their partly OKU father.

On my actual birthday i.e 28.08.2009, I received my first birthday congratulatory message as early as 5.14 am from the Banana Village residents whose message was:

Siti masak ayam guna toyu,
Happy birthday to you.

Cerita nur kasih ada di TV 3,
Selamat menyambut hari lahir ke 63.

My reply was:

Siti masak ayam guna toyu,
Orang Putih kata thank you

Cerita nur kasih di TV 3,
Terawih lambat makmum lebih berkuasa.

Second message at 6.58 am was from Bang Mud as follows:

Happy birthday to Dato’ 28.08.2009 ke 63 semoga amalan hari esok lebih baik daripada amalan hari ini. InsyaAllah

Third message at 7.14 am from Khalid, my former staff of Inspin as follows:

Selamat Hari Lahir Pak Tuan semoga Allah panjangkan umur, murah rezeki dan beroleh kesihatan yang baik . Amin

Fourth message at 9.02 am from Marini as follows:

Happy birthday Lid, Marini doakan Lid dipanjangkan umur, dimurahkan rezeki, kesihatan yang baik dan kehidupan yang bahagia

Fifth message at 10.20 am from Nari as follows:

Selamat happy birthday Dato’. Semoga panjang umur murah rezeki sihat sentiasa. Thank you.

Sixth message at 10.22 from Alun who conveyed his message through my face book which I am nor aware of its existence.
.
Seventh message at 10.30 pagi from Nayah through Zam’s handset:

Minta tolong ucapkan happy birthday kat penulis blog
Didoakan sihat agar dapat menulis blog yang menarik lagi

My reply to all the congratulatory messages were:

Terima kasih atas ingatan,
Semoga sama-sama dapat keberkatan.


At 10.00 am it was a very poignant moment for me when I received congratulatory birthday messages verbally from my three grand children. Since we are still in the fasting month, naturally I offered them reward of one dollar for each day they could fast. I hope that gesture would not be taken out of contact as a bribery but instead it should taken as a motivational inspiration for them to perform the fast diligently..


On the morning 28.08.2009, inadvertently I received my special birthday present in the form of a rodent which Zam has caught in the mouse trap. However I have got to share my present with the cat, Tam who would jealously stayed guard over the trapped rodent.

The trapped rodent


Tam the cat jealously guarding the trapped rodent

Then later in the evening I received another surprise of the day when I received a chocolate cake birthday present from the family of Banana Village accompanied a by congratulatory message penned by Amalina, our potential teacher in five years time. I did not realized that my genuine affection for all my nephews and nieces has the positive impacts on them to the extend of me receiving such accolades from them. It was very adourable and full of courage for Amalina to pen this congratulatory birthday wish which I valued deeply:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAK CHAQ

Allah the most glorious and the most merciful,
We pray that Allah can hear us,
Thanks for creating a person like PAK CHAQ,
He is a precious gift from Allah to us,
He showers love to others effortlessly,
Whereas we are unwilling to do so,
That is why only PAK CHAQ sticks to our hearts,
Only PAK CHAQ…..

PAK CHAQ,
You are the greatest man in the world,
Nobody can replace you,
You are one and the only in our hearts,
Your presence makes our life brighter,
Brighter with your jokes that provide entertainments,
Without you, our life would be dull,
Dull and colourless……

PAK CHAQ,
Happy 63rd. birthday,
May Allah bless you,
We love you so much,
Thanks PAK CHAQ!!!

From:
FAMILY IN BANANA VILLAGE…


Cutting the birthday cake for the breaking of fast.
On 29.08.2009 at 2.00 pm. I received another belated congratulory birthday message from Farli. It was very nice on the part of Farli to send the message in rhymatic endings which I am very fond and proud of. It seems that the trend of rhymic writings has a foot hold on the Salleh Khir family. It was a very touching message from Farli which has recognised my efforts in strenghtening the bonding between the Haji Yaacob's family members. Apart from that, I believe Farli could not get away from his jovial and comical antics and if I am not mistaken, the dialogue "dirimu tetap menjadi pujaan" is taken from the dialogues of Seniman Bujang Lapuk
Pakcaq,
Hidupmu membela warisan keluarga,
Kreativitimu tak dapat disangkal,
Jenakamu spontan berselit keperlian,
Kesabaran dan ketabahanmu ,
Terselit dalam raut wajah
yang penuh dengan keselembaan,
Biar pun sehari lambat ucapan,
Dirimu tetap menjadi pujaan.
Selamat harijadi ke 63
Dari anak sulung Mek Tet yang lemaknya berlebihan,

It was a very nostalgic 63rd. birthday for me because I did not envisage it be that way but my immediate and extended families has managed to bring radiance and brightness to my birthday beyond my imagination which I am very grateful to the blessings of Allah. Alhamdullillah.



4 comments:

  1. happy belated birthday, pak chaq! sorry for the late wish. been busy for this few weeks for the coming exam. 01.09.09 mid sem exam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your concern and Pak Chaq pray for the blessing of Allah that you will do extremely well on your mid sem exam on 01.09.2009. Insya Allah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ingatkan bila dah 63 x potong kek dah. rasanya lebih sesuai kalau potong nangka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nayah, kek lebih selamat dari nangka kalau dilihat dari kaca mata goutist. Nampaknya tak boleh berpisah dengan nangka.

    ReplyDelete