Saturday, May 30, 2009

ON HIS MAJESTY SERVICE 10: STATE OF NINE




Jovial negotiators


The groom's father thanking the guests


The bride with her future mother in law


The bride with her mother, Hajjah Suhaila

Haji Feisol thanking his in laws to be and the other guests

At 10.40 am, 31.05.2009, I received a call from Dato' Wan Mustaffa inviting me to Feisol's house as there would be an engagement ceremony for Feisol's oldest daughter at 11.00 am. Immediately I rushed back home without waiting to be served with my customary roti canai and teh tarik. Although it was a last minute invitation but I did not take any offence as Dato' Wan Mustaffa and Feisol are my immediate neighbours who would always lend their helping hand at any function at my house. Apart from that they were also my former assistants during my tenure as the District Officer of Kubang Pasu and Sik repectively.


Feisol's eldest daughter was getting engaged to a boy from Jempol, Negeri Sembilan. The groom to be parents came down from Jempol for the engagement ceremony. His father led the groom's negotiation team while Haji Feisol was his counterpart. The engagement proposal was done in a very relax manner and we did not even realised that it was concluded after only five minutes of negotiation.

The father of the groom to be got along very well with Dato' Wan Mustaffa and Haji Wahab Abdullah. The three of them were from the religious education backgrounds and as such they enjoyed the same circle of friends from the Islamic College in Klang. With the conclusion of the engagement ceremony, surely our kampung would have a wedding feast in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment