Monday, May 11, 2009

SIBLINGS 18; IPOH MALI

On Friday, 8th May 2009, we departed for Ipoh at 5.00 p.m. It was my first trip to Ipoh since Adik An's marriage. Because of my back pain and osteoarthritis, I could not drive on my own beyond Sungai Petani. Otherwise my leg would feel numb and I have got to stretch my legs after one hour's driving. As Jamil and Zah never failed to attend my invitation, I felt it was very unkind on my part not to attend his first wedding feast.

After three stops for rest, we finally arrived at Ipoh at 8.40 pm. and went straight to Restoran Nasi Lemak Ayam Kampung where Kak Fuzna and Nari were already there waiting for us. It was a very nice dinner where the deep fried ayam kampung was very deliciuos indeed. True to his record , Ezwar consumed two plates of Nasi lemak which has compensated for his long driving hours.



Flurry of activities at the front of the restaurant







The speciality of the restaurant was that the cooking area was at the front of the restaurant which made our appetite more wanton.


Live eels waiting for a place at the frying pants


After the dinner, we went straight to Meru as my body was acthing for the bed. As there was no solid food for the night, we ended up eating koci for our late supper. We woke up into a beautiful Meru Valley early morning. As breakfast at Jan's would only commence after 9.30 am, we started our breakfast with Mek Tet's favourite that was guava and kuah rojak. I was astonished with the the resilient of our dear stomachs. Nami's family went ahead of us to Jan's house as they have to fulfill their scheduled chores at Zah's wedding reception.


The rest of us followed later to Jan's house. It was a very lavish breakfast for us from Kedah. There were nasi lemak udang with fried chicken, traditional cakes and chee cheong fun. It was our first taste of chee cheong fun and it was quite tasty healthy food for our breakfast. With a very kow local brewed coffee, it was a very enjoyable breakfast for us indeed. The ever entertaining reception of the two brothers and their spouses, it was indeed a very memorable breakfast for us from Kedah and Shah Alam. We from Kedah were in fact very jealous of Nami's family as they would be able to enjoy another great break fast at Shah's house the next morning.



The main obstacle for me to the Meru's apartment





The beautiful early morning scenery at Meru Valley which provides tranquility to the faint hearts






A very well kept manicured lawn at Jan's house compound

A very relaxed atmosphere for our break fast under the watchful hawking eyes of Pak Tam Nari

The jovial solid hosts of the accomodating brothers



Alin's wallet suffered similar fate as the MB of Perak whereby within hours Alin's wallet on the table changed hands


We returned back to the Meru Apartment at 10.00 am as Shiwar, Marini, Ezman and Amalina were ready for a dip at the pool before going to Zah's wedding reception. In fact, Ezman has bought a new bathing attire for the occasion. As usual, Shah came later to the pool to poke funs at the kampung swimmers.
Later on, Shah came up to the apartment to share with her aunties in enjoying the morning desserts of guava with the kuah rojak. Our jovial interchanges with Shah were brought to a halt when Shah got a call from his Papa. His Papa has enquired from Shah whether I would like to go for a treatment for my frozen shoulder ailment at Klinik Law at 1200 pm. Shah told me it was up to me whether to go or not to go. Knowing his style of doing business as the descendant of Salleh Khir, without a wink I decided to opt for the treatment.
Although Shah's antics seemingly looked childish but he was actually a serious caring person. He brought me right to the door step of Klinik Law, Osteopathist Bone Setter at No. 3 Jalan Lim Bo Seng, Ipoh. He even stopped his vehicle next to the road kerb so as to lessen my burden of alighting from his high four wheel drive. It was indeed very kind gesture on his part to an OKU uncle.
The clinic hour was coming to a close for the day but because of Abang's prior appointment, I was shoved straight to the treatment room ahead of other waiting patients. The doctor looked quite elderly but at the first glance I knew he could do wonders for my frozen shoulders. Although he looked ancient and old fashion but his prescriptions were all totally done on the computer. True to my forecast, after a week of taking his prescriptions, my frozen left shoulder has improved tremendously. Thanks to the auspice of Abang and now officially I have joined Mek Tet as a medical treatment alumni.


To us from the north, it was indeed a very memorable Ipoh Mali visit which was made possible by the cordiality of Abang and his entire family. Thank you to the other well knitted Salleh Khir family members who has provided added spices and flavour to the occasion and Alhamdullillah.




The partially closed clinic was already calling for the day





















No comments:

Post a Comment