Friday, May 29, 2009

REMEMBRANCE 22: TOO MUCH GOUT

Disdain toward the luxury of life after three days being immobilised by gout
Smiling in the comfort of pain


I am proud to say that I have been associated with gout for the last three decades. For the last three decades, I have learned to appreciate what other fellow goutists has got to endure the accompaniment of unwanted pains. Only a fellow goutist would understand the sufferings of another goutist. When gout came a calling, the degree of pain was so unbearable that even if the wind touches your gout, you would feel that the world is falling apart.
However with the grace of Allah, gout has molded me into another dimension. I have learned to be more benevolent and generous toward others. I have also learned to be more appreciative to the helping hands of others while understanding the concept of maintaining of thy body in health. I have learned what prompt service means to a person in need. Overall, positively gout has made me a better person to the world and I think Alun would agree with me..









4 comments:

  1. I agree 100%. There is no cure, only prevention and self-control, which is the first step towards becoming a better person.

    Also, I dare say that gout is to men, what giving birth pain is to women...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh .. I didn't know you have gout, however though, I would quite agree with Alun's comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. even in pain u look handsome as ever. amin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sdr Pak Tuan, I am a gout fan too..must have gout once in a while..especially after consuming (not in moderation) sotong kering (with nasi lemak), daging merah (bakar, cicah dengan air asam). were u wearing a mask in the photos? i need them... thought of sending them to my children ( in Japan and Australia) when they have haloween over there..

    ReplyDelete