Monday, May 18, 2009

SAHOCA 11: GETTING TOGETHER

Kasmi ever ready to cut her birthday cake

Our classmates Abdul Halim @ Ropie and Abdul Rahman Md. Noor enjoying the birthday bash

As if with the heart of a teenage couple, Halim and Kasmi sharing their joyest moment of cutting Kasmi's birthday cake

Last night (16.05.2009) Halim insisted Idrus to fetch me from my house and bring me to the Pokok Cherry Restaurant for a cup of fresh cow milk. It was akward for Halim to insist us to accompany him for a cup of milk at the restaurant as it was raining that night. Apart from that, there was a football match at the Darul Aman Stadium whereas there was also a football match between Manchester United and Arsenal being screened live at the restaurant. As such the restaurant was packed with football fanatics while its compound was packed with parking cars.

At the restaurant, Halim told us about the bad news of the sudden demise of Major Halim while playing golf at the Darul Aman Golf Club. There were 4 Halims playing in the golf tournament that morning and Halim was grateful for the blessing of Allah that he could still enjoyed the fresh cow milk at the restaurant. Before going off for the night, Halim handed me RM 100.00 while asking a favour from me to buy some durians for him. With the sum of RM 100.00, I thought Halim wanted to have a big durian do at his house on the 18.05.2009.


The next morning, Halim informed me about his actual intention of giving me the RM 100.00. As Kasmi was going to celebrate her birthday on 18.05.2009, Halim wanted to show his caring loving attitude by presenting Kasmi with a surprise birthday cake. As Kasmi is allergy to cheese, Halim insisted on me to order non-cheese birthday cake. As entrusted by Halim, I ordered a medium size chocolate cake and RM 50.00 worth of Red Prawns durian from Roslan, Idrus younger brother.


On the evening of 18.05.2009, Zam and I brought along the birthday cake and durians to Halim's bungalow at Darul Aman. To add icing to the birthday reception, Zam also ordered another dish of cakes. I thought we would have a big gathering at Halim's house but instead it was only a simple get together of our 1963 classmates i.e. Abdul Halim Abdullah, Abdul Halim @ Ropie , Abdul Rahman Md. Noor and myself. Rahman also brought along a special Aziz Kandar Pasembor which was very tasty in its original form. As Kasmi was celebrating her 26th birthday, Rahman brought also nutmeg bums for her tired aging body if there were any.


Although there were only six of us yet it was a very enjoyable occasion as we shared the same interest and jokes. The combined age of the six of us were 374 years but we were still in the best of health to enjoy the birthday reception. Between the four of us, we did share various medical experiences. Both Halim and I has gone through double angioplasty procedures. Rahman has gone through Total Knee Replacement operation while Halim @ Ropie has gone through By Pass Pass Heart Surgery at IJN. With that negative medical backgrounds, yet with our positive attitudes towards among us, Kasmi's birthday reception were full of hilarious interactions between us. The durians were not left idle. We wish Kasmi a happy 26th birthday and we do pray for Allah's blessing that the six of us would be able to celebrate her 36th birthday next year . Insya Allah.


As there were plenty of foods remained, we did not go back empty handed but with bagfuls of food from the birthday girl, Kasmi. Halim @ Ropie also presented me a with a pot of herbal plants from his house for my kidney ailment. It was quiet an irony for us as Halim @ Ropie did not know the name of the herbal plants but he was certain that it would help to ease my kidney ailment if I consume two or three leaves daily from the plant. On my part, I was informed by my diabetic relative that there is a herbal plant by the name of telinga kera or monkey's ear which has the remedial herbal contents for kidney ailment. As such, Halim @ Rofie suggested to me to measure the size of the leaves with the actual monkey's ear if ever I wanted to determine the authenticity of the plant. I might do that if I could catch a monkey in the vicinity.

We are not certain about the plants name. Is it a monkey's ear plant ?

2 comments:

  1. nampak mcm kenai ja halim and kasmi ni(dato' and datin)...both are my boss before i get stuck here!!hehehe... regards-nalen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nalen, thank you for browsing my blog.

    I hope you are not lonely in the land of All Blacks. Hope to see you down under if we could afford the journey. Regards from all in Alor Setar.

    ReplyDelete