Friday, May 15, 2009

REMEMBRANCE 16: KAK NAB THE SURVIVOR


I did not know that there is a wider flat world outside Sarawak

Its a super duper wakaf compared to our wakaf



Kak Nab peeling mangoes for her visitors

Enjoying a sip of local brewed kow coffee



Unripe mangosteens waiting for the arrivals of Ensteks residents


Kak Nab, the ever magnanimous lady would never allow us to go back empty handed from her house

The newly wed groom, Asri looking happy and contented

Choosing the perfect mangoes

We were allowed to depart only after our car boot was filled with fresh plucked mangoes

Kak Nab is my eldest cousin and she is the oldest grand child of the To Ku Syed Ahmad of Kelubi. I was very close to Kak Nab because I stayed with her family during my lower secondary school days from 1959 to 1961. She was responsible for the upkeep's of my domestic needs such doing my laundry and preparing my break fast in the early mornings.

She was married to the late Abang Dhir and was blessed with four children i.e two boys and two girls. Since Abang Dhir did not have a fixed income, so Kak Nab has to struggle along with Bang Dhir in bringing up their children. Through their handwork's, Kak Nab managed to bulid up a formidable family. Although Bang Dhir has gone a few years ago, yet Kak Nab now is enjoying the fruits of her labour. Her concered children really take good care of her and she is comparatively living a comfortable life.

She is a magnanimous lady and my grand children would always pester Zam and I to visit their Tok Bi Nab in Tambung Tulang, Perlis whenever they do come back to Alor Setar for their school holidays. The children were very thrilled in Kak Nab's home as Kak Nab would always allow my grand children to do what they liked best. They would chase the fowls all over the place or pick up any fruit that they like direct from the trees. Our visit to Kak Nab's house would always end up with a sumptious lunch. Kak Nab's simple cooking yet very delicious and tasty would always make our stay at her house very gratifying.

I am very grateful to Allah for being alive and enjoying life with the other cousins who are still alive. The eldest cousin is Kak Nab who is two years older than me, followed by Kak Yeh, Bang Mud and myself. Four of our younger cousins i.e. Bakar , Zaleha, Zahir and Hasnah has been called to meet Allah before us because of various illness and mishap i.e. diabetic, liver cancer, road accident and diabetic respectively . Alfatihah.

We are the third generation of Tok Ku Syed Ahmad and we are in fact holding the family fort. Among the second generation, only two of my uncles i.e Ami In and Ami Leh are still alive. So Kak Nab is the oldest survivor among the third generation of Tok Ku Syed Ahmad and we will always cherish the hospitality of Kak Nab at Tambung Tulang.









No comments:

Post a Comment